DOGS ONLY MEDICAL CENTER 614.939.9900
A new problem
- Caused by influenza virus H3N8 and H3N2.
- All dogs exposed will become infected.
- People do not get it from the dog.
- Signs are cough and sneezing.
- Incubation period is 2-4 days with virus spreading before there are any signs of illness (so disease will spread quickly).
- Dogs are no longer contagious ten days after developing illness.
- Vaccination for both strains is now available and recommended for dogs at risk. Dogs at risk are those that are around other dogs in settings such as:
Call our office to schedule a vaccination time for your dog.
For more information visit:
Serving Gahanna, New Albany, Blacklick, Westerville, Bexley and surrounding communities.